18 Haziran 2012 Pazartesi

Social Security: Opt Back "In"?

To contact us Click HERE
Question:

I am a minister who decided to opt out of the SocialSecurity system. Am I able to opt back into Social Security if I so choose?Answer:

Unfortunately, no. Once a minister requestsexemption from social security, that exemption is irrevocable (Reg. §1.1402(e)-4A(b)). The Ticket to Work and Work IncentivesImprovement Act of 1999 did allow for a reversal of the exemption betweenJanuary 1, 2000 and April 15, 2002. I am aware of no Congressional considerationto repeat the allowance of the 1999 Act.The members of my Federal Taxation I class at Maranatha Baptist Bible College in Watertown, Wisconsin have taken on the challenge of study and research to answer the posted question. Aaron Oberholtzer of Marinette, Wisconsin gets credit for this one.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder